The First Thesaurus:
- includes more than 2,000 headwords
- enriches children’s language with over 10,000 synonyms
- features a special introduction for children ‘What is a thesaurus?’
- gives concise instructions on ‘How to use this book’
- includes a list of over 500 antonym pairs
- provides additional lists of topic words on the themes ‘All about you’, ‘Animals’, ‘Plants’, ‘Food, drink and cooking’, ‘Your home’ and ‘Things to wear’
- includes clear guide words indicating the ﬁrst and last headwords on each spread
- reinforces knowledge of the alphabet by providing an alphabet strip on each page
- ideal for use with the First Dictionary (see opposite page), which gives deﬁnitions of all the headwords listed.
Supports the transition between Key Stages 1 and 2, the First Thesaurus may also be suitable for older children and young people.