First Illustrated Dictionary
Schoﬁeld & Sims dictionaries are excellent sources of reference. They are carefully graded so that each dictionary builds on the earlier one–thus providing a natural progression.
First Illustrated Dictionary:
- includes more than 2,000 headwords and deﬁnitions and over 500 colour illustrations
- provides concise instructions on ‘How to use this book’
- gives short forms and irregular plurals
- provides help with pronunciation where appropriate
- includes clear guide words indicating the ﬁrst and last headwords on each spread
- reinforces knowledge of the alphabet by providing an alphabet strip on each page
- includes lists of colours, months of the year, days of the week and numbers.
Compiled to support Key Stage 1, the First Illustrated Dictionary may also be used with older children and young people.