There are two specifications for the International GCSE course: English Language A (4EA1) and English Language B (4EB1). English Language B has been written to help students’ prepare for the International GCSE (9-1) English Language B (4EB1) (first examination June 2018).
- The content is mapped to the specifications to provide comprehensive coverage and is enhanced by targeted reading and writing skill sections.
- The learning is embedded with differentiated exercises and exam practice throughout, including summary sections to review learning.
- Specifically developed for International learners, with appropriate international content.
- Engaging and relevant for all learners and allows learning in local context, to a global standard.
- The embedded transferrable skills that are needed for progression into higher education and employment are explicitly signposted.
- Each Student Book provides access to an Active Book, a digital version of the Student’s Book, which can be accessed online supporting learning beyond the classroom.
- English as an Additional Language: EAL-focused content, addresses the needs of EAL students.
- Glossary of key English terminology.
- Online Teacher Resource Pack provides planning, teaching, and assessment support.