The Cambridge Checkpoint English suite provides a comprehensive and structured resource which covers the Secondary 1 Framework for English and seamlessly progresses into the next key stage.
The Coursebooks include:
- 12 themed units designed to appeal to students aged 11 to 12 years
- covers the five framework content areas: Phonics,Spelling and Vocabulary; Grammar and Punctuation;Reading; Writing; Speaking and Listening.
- challenging activities help to develop reading and writing skills.
- integrated speaking and listening tasks.
- a full range of stimulus materials, including a wide variety of text types, with fiction and non-fiction from around the world
The Workbooks include:
- exercises designed to develop a range of skills–useful for further practice, homework and differentiation
- 12 themed units that mirror the structure and content of the Coursebook.
- further coverage of the five framework content areas.The Teacher’s Resource provides answers to coursebook
activities and Workbook exercises to assist in marking,
and gives model lesson plans and schemes of work.
Practice progression tests help teachers prepare their
students for examination and handouts and PowerPoint
presentations can be used in the classroom.