Skills in Mathematics is written in a way that it relates to the environment and focuses on developing understanding, thinking and reasoning skills of students. While presenting different concepts, the age, mental level and the difficulties faced by the students at all levels have also been considered.
The syllabus includes the four fundamental operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. These operations have been dealt with in a step-by-step approach to help the students understand exactly what is required to be done.
- mathematical concepts presented in a lucid way
- subject matter encourages active pupil participation
- topic presentation in spiral order
- some questions given as mathematical puzzles and crosswords
- designed for students of different ability levels
- questions planned separately for bright students
- pictographs based on student’s daily experiences