While many students might be able to decode complex texts, it is vital that they also understand and enjoy what they read in order to become lifelong readers.
Reading Comprehension and Creative Writing Books 1 to 5 help students to master skills of different genres, from narrative and poetry to recounts and persuasive writing.
Section I: Reading Comprehension
- emphasizes the importance of reading for meaning
- the passages provide a variety of challenging texts
- the topics range from newspaper articles and dialogues to plays, stories and poems
- the level of difficulty in the passages progresses gradually in each book
Section II: Creative Writing
- provides a flexible but structured resource for developing essential writing skills
- the activities help master skills of different genres,from narrative and poetry to recounts and persuasive writing
- the activities are well-designed