The second edition is suitable for Cambridge International AS & A Level Literature in English syllabus (9695) for first examination from 2021. For students taking the examination in 2020, use the first edition of the coursebook and teacher’s resource.
Updated and fully aligned with the new syllabus, texts range across 650 years and from authors from 20 different nationalities. This series provides students with exciting and diverse reading material from old and new writers, from Shakespeare to Jhumpa Lahiri. Through exploring these texts, students will find they are building essential skills – such as the ability to write clearly and eectively, construct an argument, manage information and analyse complex pieces.
- Provides flexible, in-depth guidance for students on how to analyse poetry, prose and drama.
- Includes annotated sample answers and a dedicated section on ‘Essay writing skills and techniques.
- Helps students develop a ‘toolkit’ for studying literature that will enable them to approach unseen texts with confidence.
- Includes editable worksheets, PowerPoints and lesson plans to help tailor the course to the class needs.
- Helps you take an active approach to teaching Cambridge International AS & A Level Literature in English.