Just Maths is a new, exciting and original primary maths programme. A groundbreaking programme, it has been developed speciﬁcally to meet the needs of the primary school pupils. This new programme places understanding, problem-solving and active learning at its core, introducing a range of suitable strategies, approaches and tools to encourage engagement. Just Maths focuses on the acquisition and development of mathematical skills and helps children discover the joy and fun in mathematical thinking, open-ended questioning, estimating, problem-solving, rationalising, collaborating and ultimately understanding. Another key element in Just Maths is the focus on mathematical language. It provides them with the necessary terminology to express and communicate their thinking and understanding.
Key features of Just Maths programme:
- Problem-solving is at the core providing special pages to inculcate ﬂexibility in learning.
- The use of frames at various levels help students work with a visual image of the compositions of numbers.
- Mini whiteboards provide active involvement and are an asset in getting instant feedback. The components include a Workbook at each level to consolidate the concepts and skills.
- A very comprehensive Teacher’s Resources Book accompanies the sets at each level, composing of Lesson Plans, Objectives, Assessments and Answers of the work.
- Photocopiables masters have been meticulously developed for the teachers.